Monday, August 16, 2010

Freeplay Independent Games Award!



I'm happy to hear this morning that my friend's game proposal project Exodus had won best concept art at the Freeplay Independent Game Festival on the weekend. Above are my contributions to the 'live painting' video he produced for the RTS style game - the paintings were layered in a way that they could parallax and have moving elements that gave them a really nice kick - there's a few elements missing from these stills like blowing capes, flags (on top of the pike in the top image) etc. As soon as I can link the final video I'll update the post.


Here's the Freeplay link to the award winners. Congratulations to Joe Tabor and the artists for an amazing job.
http://www.freeplay.net.au/2010/08/the-freeplay-awards-winners/

Trophy Goodness


No comments: